The 2023 OPTECH Conference & Expo, hosted by The National Multifamily Housing Council, is the hub for the most important conversations and business deals in multifamily housing technology and operations. The annual event boasts brilliant keynote speakers, exceptional educational sessions, informative workshops and numerous networking opportunities.
To help you make the most out of your time at OPTECH, we’ve put together 6 tips to ensure you maximize your time and have a great experience:
1. Download Brella, NMHC’s new state-of-the-art conference networking app.
OPTECH join codes will be sent according to the following schedule:
- Wednesday, October 18 - Attendees who registered before Oct 18.
- Monday, October 23 - Attendees who registered between October 18-23.
- Wednesday, October 25 - Attendees who registered between October 23 - Oct. 25.
- Friday, October 27 - All attendees.
You can also look up your join code by tapping the "ticket" icon on the sign in/welcome screen in Brella.
Brella networking tables will be open from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 2.
2. Carefully review this year’s conference agenda to identify programming that will help you take your unique operations and technology playbook to the next level.
From 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1, hear short pitches highlighting the latest innovative multifamily products and services.
From 3:45 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1, choose from three insightful town hall events that will delve into the latest original research from NMHC and its partners.
- Multifamily Technology Spending and Staffing
- Customer Experience (CX) and Marketing Technologies
- Connectivity Explained
From the reveal of insightful data to thought-provoking presentations by forward-thinking leaders, this year’s general sessions cover some of the industry’s most important and most talked about topics, including:
- 2024 NMHC/Grace Hill Renter Preferences Survey Results Revealed!
- Unleashing Human Potential in the Age of Automation
- Translating AI Concepts to Multifamily Context with Nicholas Thompson, CEO of The Atlantic; Former editor- in-chief of WIRED
These 45-minute sessions allow you to take a deep dive into specific topics and participate in informative and interactive Q&As.
- Artificial Intelligence 101: Risks and Rewards
- Follow the Leaders: Search Experience Insights from Diverse Industries
- Lessons Learned from Electric Vehicle Charging Pioneers
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) Roundtable: Cybersecurity and Data Protection
- Creating a Comprehensive Data Strategy
- Exploring Automation and Artificial Intelligence in Maintenance
- Technology as Investment
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) Roundtable: Marketing Experts
- Connectivity, Uninterrupted
- The Digital Renter’s Journey: From Prospect to Renewal
- Tech-Forward Strategies for Fraud Prevention and Efficacy
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) Roundtable: CTOs
- Automation/ Centralization Report Card: Three Grades
- Navigating the Shifting Staffing Landscape
- Beyond the Dashboard: Next Level Data Visualization
New for 2023, OPTECH workshops are quick, 30-minute sessions loaded with takeaways.
- Short-Term Rentals
- Access Control
- Energy and Water Efficiency
- Data Warehouses and Lakes
- Software Integrations
On Thursday, November 2, from 8:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m., start your day with an informative update on the constantly shifting regulatory and legislative landscape.
- Washington Watch: A Look at the Latest Legislative and Regulatory Trends for Multifamily
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Fee Regulation Update
3. Recharge (literally and figuratively) at the OPTECH Exchange.
Designed as a sanctuary to network and recharge your devices, the Exchange will feature a lounge with cozy seating, refreshments and Wi-Fi connectivity, as well as a stage featuring short presentations on the following topics -
- New at OPTECH? Meetup
- OPTECH Express - A series of succinct and impactful NMHC presentations delving into the dynamic realm of operations and technology innovations.
- Women in Multifamily Tech Meetup
- Wednesday: 2 -5 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
4. Study the interactive expo floor plan and prioritize which vendors and suppliers you want to meet with.
Create a prioritized list of the booths you want to visit so you can maximize your time at the Expo and avoid overlooking solutions that are of the most interest to your business. Dedicate time for meaningful conversations with vendors that interest you. OPTECH is multifamily’s foremost forum for innovative tech, and you are guaranteed to uncover new products and services that can help you elevate your property and add significant value to your business.
- Wednesday, November 1: 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 2: 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Be sure to visit the WithMe team at booth 332 to fuel up with a cup of delicious SipWithMe coffee, check out a PrintWithMe device and find out how our amenities can help you decrease spend, control costs and create efficiencies - all while elevating the resident experience.
Feel like doing a little recon before OPTECH? Browse the LinkedIn profiles of everyone from WithMe who will be attending:
5. Viva Las Vegas!
After hours, immerse yourself in the glitz and glamor of the Entertainment Capital of the World!
See the sights:
- Fountains of Bellagio
- The Strip
- Fremont Street Experience
- High Roller
- Stratosphere Tower
- Iconic Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
Catch a show:
Enjoy world-class dining:
- Conde Nast Traveler's 28 Best Restaurants
- Thrillist’s Everywhere You Need to Eat in Las Vegas Right Now
- Elite Traveler’s 11 Best Restaurants in Las Vegas
For even more ideas, check out TripAdvisor’s 3 Days in Las Vegas city guide. It’s almost as if it was curated for OPTECH attendees!
6. Don’t let what happens in Vegas stay in Vegas.
Leverage the opportunity to grow your multifamily network!
Exchange contact information with the professionals you connect with during the conference and at networking events - and make it a point to stay connected! Interact with social media posts. Schedule 15-minute “coffee chats” over Zoom. Make time to build relationships.
Also be intentional about scheduling conversations with suppliers and vendors who you think can help add efficiency and drive more value for your business! After all, OPTECH was designed to showcase simplified, integrated, sustainable tech for better performance and communities.
We can’t wait to connect with you November 1-3 in Las Vegas!